Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

In the Shadow of a Behemoth

I find photography a thousand times intimidating.

I see pictures of the most beautiful type of the most beautiful things so often, my breath is taken so often, I feel like I'll never see things as beautiful as that, I'll never be in places as beautiful as that, I'll never create anything as beautiful as that, let alone capturing any of that in pictures as beautiful as that.

In a world where everyone can have a camera and everyone can use the instant power of the digital to see the art around them, to find that creativity inside of them, it's terribly difficult to feel like one will ever belong, let alone stand out.

I'm terribly intimidated.

It feels like ground zero, while most people my age have already created at least a slightly sturdy foundation. I haven't even decided anything in my life let alone begun building.

I am constantly so astounded by the work of photographic artists that I am intimidated to even casually and as a hobby take pictures.

I try to tell myself that everyone has once been a beginner. And everyone must start somewhere. And better I start now, a little later, than start later, when it's even... later.

But tonight? Tonight will be the first day of the rest of my life. And the first real step into this journey.

I'm nervous, excited, a little scared, really intimidated, and I could probably throw up.

More on this later. Plus pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment